vSphere Solutions Manager, vServices, and ESX Agent Manager 6.7 Update 1 Release Notes
vSphere ESX Agent Manager SDK 6.7 Update 1 | 16 OCT 2018 | Build 9909037
This document contains the following information:
About the vSphere Solutions Manager, vServices, and ESX Agent Manager SDK
With vSphere Solutions, vServices, and ESX Agents you can extend the functionality of vCenter Server.
- A vSphere Solution is an object or program that you create by extending specific classes in the vSphere Web Services API. After you register your solution with the instance of the vSphere Web Services API's ExtensionManager managed object associated with your vCenter Server, you see your new solution in the vCenter Server Extensions of your vSphere Web Client.
- You can create a vService solution to provide access for a specific application to connect to a service across the network.
- You can create an ESX Agent to extend the functions of an ESXi host and provide additional services that a vSphere solution requires.
- The vServices Manager and ESX Agent Manager are pre-built solutions that are part of the vCenter Server Extensions functionality within the vCenter Server.
- The VMware ESX Agent Manager includes an API library that allows you to adapt and modify the ESX Agent Manager (EAM) Sample Solution and view it using the vSphere Web Client.
For more details about each of these extensibility options, see Developing and Deploying vSphere Solutions, vServices, and ESXi Agents for vSphere 6.7 Update 1.
These release notes apply to the vSphere 6.7 Update 1 release. You should install the following software to use the 6.7 Update 1 version of the vSphere Solutions Manager, vServices, and ESX Agent Manager SDK.
To use the vSphere Solutions Manager, vServices, and ESX Agent Manager SDKs, download and/or install:
- ESXi 6.7 Update 1 | 16 OCT 2018
- vCenter Server 6.7 Update 1 | 16 OCT 2018
- com.vmware.eam.apiref.doc.jar | API Reference
- vsphere-vcenter-671-solutions-vservices-esxi-agent-manager-developer-guide.pdf | Programming Guide
This release of the vSphere Solutions Manager, vServices, and ESX Agent Manager SDKs introduces the following changes:
- You can access vSphere ESX Agent Manager Sample Solution 6.7 Update 1 by using the vSphere Client
- vSphere ESX Agent Manager Sample Solution 6.7 Update 1 uses the 4.3.18 jars of the Spring Framework
The EAM Sample Solution is compatible with Apache Tomcat ® 8.5.5 and later and Pivotal® tc Server 3.0 and later.
- The Enable and Temporary Disable buttons are unavailable
The Enable and Temporary Disable buttons at the Configuration page of EAM Sample Solution are unavailable, because the
Agency.Disable() methods are deprecated in vSphere ESX Agent Manager API 6.5.
- Bundled VIBs are incompatible
The EAM Sample Solution cannot install the bundled VIBs due to version incompatibility.