Fault - MigrationFault(vim.fault.MigrationFault)
- Thrown by
CloneVApp_Task, CloneVM_Task, MigrateVM_Task, RelocateVM_Task
- Extended by
AffinityConfigured, CannotModifyConfigCpuRequirements, CannotMoveVmWithDeltaDisk, CannotMoveVmWithNativeDeltaDisk, CloneFromSnapshotNotSupported, DatacenterMismatch, DisallowedMigrationDeviceAttached, DiskMoveTypeNotSupported, FaultToleranceAntiAffinityViolated, FaultToleranceNeedsThickDisk, FaultToleranceNotSameBuild, HAErrorsAtDest, IncompatibleDefaultDevice, LargeRDMConversionNotSupported, MaintenanceModeFileMove, MigrationDisabled, MigrationFeatureNotSupported, MigrationNotReady, MismatchedNetworkPolicies, MismatchedVMotionNetworkNames, NetworksMayNotBeTheSame, NoGuestHeartbeat, RDMConversionNotSupported, RDMNotPreserved, ReadOnlyDisksWithLegacyDestination, SnapshotCopyNotSupported, SnapshotRevertIssue, SuspendedRelocateNotSupported, ToolsInstallationInProgress, TooManyDisksOnLegacyHost, UncommittedUndoableDisk, VMotionInterfaceIssue, VMotionProtocolIncompatible, WillLoseHAProtection, WillModifyConfigCpuRequirements, WillResetSnapshotDirectory
Base object type for issues that can occur when reassigning the execution
host of a virtual machine using migrate or relocate. These issues are typically
used as argument in the MigrationEvent. When a MigrationFault is used as a value
in a MigrationEvent, the type of MigrationEvent determines if the issue is a
warning or an error (for example, MigrationHostWarningEvent or
MigrationHostErrorEvent). When thrown as an exception, the fault is an error.
Issues are categorized as errors or warnings according to the following
If the virtual machine is powered on:
If the virtual machine is powered off or suspended:
- Error for fatal problems with the VMotion interfaces or licensing.
- Error if VMotion would fail.
- Error if VMotion would in any way interrupt the continuous and consistent
operation of the virtual machine.
- Warning for potential performance or connectivity problems between the
source and destination VMotion interfaces.
- Warning if the virtual machine's currently disconnected devices may not
be connectable after VMotion.
- Error if the destination host cannot access all the files that comprise
the virtual machine (including virtual disks).
- Error if aspects of the virtual machine are not supported by the
destination host's hardware or software.
- Warning if problems would occur when powering on or resuming the
virtual machine, if the usage/configuration of the destination
host were to remain in its current state.
Show WSDL type definition